WOSART Regional Teaching
WoSART Stage 3 teaching
WOSART Stage 3 teaching is protected teaching time for all non-page holders.
As such attendance is mandatory.
We do our best to publish the meeting dates as far in advance as possible so that study leave can be applied for prior to any leave books closing. Please remember to apply for study leave locally so that rota co-ordinators are aware of specific dates.
Unless otherwise stated, all meetings generally commence at 2pm.
All Stage 3 trainees should kindly email Dr Peter Paisley to be added to the Microsoft Team with specific details of meetings.
For the latest updates on Stage 3 Training please check NWoSART on Twitter
Meeting details will also be emailed from NES to your TURAS registered email address. Please ensure this is up to date.
Proposed future dates are as follows:
- September 29th - Mixed Bag! ICU Fires - Dr Austin Rattray, Regional Anaesthesia - Dr Kevin MacNamara, Dr Fiona Christie TBC
- October 20th Preparation for Consultant Practice and the Consultant Interview. Dr Peter Paisley, Dr Rachel Darling, Dr Chris Hawthorne, Dr Michael Murray
- November 17th - Civility Saves Lives- Dr Lindsey Donaldson, Dr Michael Murry and Dr Monique MacLeod
- December 13th *TUESDAY*
- July 2023 HOLIDAYS
- August 29th 2023 Paediatric regional anaesthesia; Neurodiverse patients; Clinical differences in Paediatrics
- September 19th 2023 Carotid surgery, Aneurysm repair, regional anaesthesia for graft surgery
- October 26th 2023 Cardiac Anaesthesia
- November 28th 2023 Perioperative Medicine
- December 14th 2023 Bariatric Anaesthesia
WoS ICM Regional Teaching
WoS ICM Teaching
West of Scotland ICM Teaching is held on a monthly basis (usually the 2nd Wednesday of the month).
At present there is a hybrid programme of both in-person (via Microsoft Teams) and online sessions. Whilst teaching aims to cover topics in the ICM curriculum we welcome all those with an interest in ICM in the West of Scotland.
Two sessions per year are dedicated to the FICM exam with OSCE/Viva Practice.
We hope to run a Journal Club discussing recently published papers in critical care.
To be added to the Teams channel please email Charlotte Soulsby
Over the past year topics have included:
- Nutritional Failure
- Liver Failure
- Renal Failure
- Maternal Critical Care
- Palliative Care
- Renal Replacement Therapy
In the coming months we aim to cover: